Friday, October 24, 2008

What a nightmare this is!!

Tuesday it started to kick in properly as i expected, OMG to how bad it got though

my body was like an acid bath, even my nose burned, i woke up at 3am like i was having a heart attack, like a huge rubber band was around my heart constricting it, and the burning was unbelievable, plus my blood pressure goes so low that i am so dizzy, i can only walk a little bit then have to sit back down

i was supposed to be on tablets for the acid burn but they gave me a rash so couldnt take them, anyhow went to gp and he gave me some other type and they worked thankfully, i think he is worried i am going to take too many of the anxiety pills but i said to him even if i just take them for that week where i feel complete shit, surely my body cant get too used too them, dont need them otherwise

it took me 40mins to make a salad last night for dinner, had to sit down while cutting stuff, was so ridiculous!! i am usually not a get up and go type who is running around anyhow, but you sure realise how much you can normally do when you cant do it

otherwise i slept the whole night last night with no wakeups thankfully, mouth is still crappy but not as bad as last time so far, so i will live in hope the white cells start picking up and i will feel better in the next day or so

just so depressed that i have to keep going back when i know how bad its going to be, but now i have proper acid tablets hopefully next time the burning wont be so bad if i start taking them on the monday, but i think chemo is just more powerful than any tablet when it kicks in anyhow

2 comments:

Kris said...

It really is cruel and completely ironic that to get better, you have to be so very sick.

Hugs, buddy xxx

Peter Dyson said...

Hang in there Bel, I watched my mum go through all this mayhem too, you just need to look forward to when you come out of it on the other side :) But I know you're a tough chick and if it wasn't for your commitment to all them kidz (toughest and most important job in the world!) then I'm sure you would have been a swat team leader ;)