Tuesday, August 5, 2008

more info about today

I just done a quick post earlier to everyone could be updated on what happened

I got every second staple out today and that tape coming off was bad but they let me take it off myself, the breast nurse said she didnt want to take the staples out, i thought she meant she hadnt done it before! So i panicked and said my dr will do it then, but she had done it hundreds of times lol, she just thought surgeon might not want them out yet! Anyhow that relieved my mind, she then put some dressing on me then ripped it back off, i said you done that to get your kicks didn't you lol, she refused to admit it lol

Anyhow i will definately have chemo and radiotherapy now, i knew chemo was for sure and was pretty sure radiotherapy would happen, so wasn't that shocked really by it

i cant drive still, they said they want it to be fully healed before i drive as i could end up ripping it back open, ouch to that idea!!

I mentioned how nauseas i still am each day and the pain, they said the nausea is probably from the hospital drugs, must take awhile to get out of your system

As for the pain it was relieved to managable pain when they drained 300mls of fluid out of my arm today, its still pain but nowhere near as severe now, they weren't even going to drain it as i looked fine, not puffy really, glad they decided to look anyhow, didnt feel a thing with that anyhow

so now i have physio tomorrow, my gp friday for the rest of staples out and then surgeons rooms again next tuesday to see if it needs draining again, i wanted a friggin job!! not 5 docs appointments a week!

i am pretty down still about it all, trying to stay positive but it's hard some days, but i don't stay down for too long, the pain easing up a bit has helped my frame of mind

oh also they said they took 30 nodes from under my arm and only 3 were cancerous, so that was good news, and if i do get another op it will be too try and get more healthy cells so the clear (cancer free cells) margin is bigger, they havent mentioned mascetomy as yet, hope they don't

Someone asked if chemo and radio should clear up any cells left anyhow, i think they would but i think they like to get it all that they can see, and the chemo and radio is just to get anything that might be hidden in my body, its a just in case thing really, i could have no further treatment and be fine forever, but not a risk i am willing to take!

And finally at this moment in time, i am CANCER FREE!!!! so that is good news!!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Cancer free....has a wonderful ring to it.

I'm with you, if you have to do chemo, etc. to ensure it's all out of your body, then so be it.

Hope the physio goes well today, lots of love to you xxx