Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Surgeon's appointment update

Well what a few days it has been, i have to think i have a curse on me or i have done something horrible to someone, i thought i was nice, but maybe not!

I will just list them in point form

*My Dad started slurring his speech and had to go to hospital, i rang and they were home!! i was so pissed off at my mum for not just not listening to him and ringing an ambulance, anyhow he has now been airlifted to a major hospital and is having tests, so far they think he had a bleed in his brain due to an irregular heart beat in his upper heart chamber, i am just praying that he gets well with medication. I do believe it was stress that caused it though, worrying himself sick over me, holds it all in! I just don't want him to die! He just can't, not for a long while yet!!

*Husband put his tax in and we owe 3000 dollars!!! argh, so no money to move house with, well hopefully will soon, but i was hoping to get even a little back

*I have to pack up most of my house by Sunday as i won't be able to do jack shit after the operation for awhile

*I picked up my 3 year old from daycare and the teacher says he has a rash, i presume a bum rash or something, she pulls his pants down and he has a rash that looks like severe sunburn from his underwear line down to his thighs! she said we tried to call you, i said did you try my mobile? no! i said fuck! and said after my day this is all i need and walked out, but i am going to complain and get them to take my friggin home number off the contacts all together, i was really annoyed as this is the second time they have not tried to contact any other numbers

Medical Stuff:
Went for pre admission appointment, was again pretty well on time and not too bad, i seen about 5 people, a nurse, anesthesiologist, pharmacist, junior doctor from surgeons team and had to have a blood test

They were all pretty good, mainly they all just check and double check what medication you take and then talk about what will happen with surgery etc

was a bit annoyed as the junior doctor wanted to look at lump and i mentioned it was very sore, he said usually if they are sore they are benign, so for a second he gave me false hope, then i got back to reality and thought i will go with the pathology results i think! he really shouldnt of said that to me though

Anyhow between appointments was when i sorted my parents out to go to hospital over the phone, so i was worried sick about my Dad and worried sick i would go to next appointment with surgeons team and find out something bad! was a horrible time

Anyhow the appointment was ok, they found a small cyst on my liver, the doctor seemed confident that is all it was. Also found a small cyst on my thyroid, she decided to send me for an ultrasound for that one, but she said no rush, so i didn't rush, haven't had it yet

i mentioned all that had happened to me and family and she agreed i had a curse on me lol, thanks Doc

I mentioned about moving, last time i went there they said i would fine, this time she said no there is no way you could help, argh!!

So i am stressing about my Dad, my operation, My mum who is in the middle of us both dealing with it, packing up most of the house in days, going to look for houses while in recovery, applying for them etc, and just generally stressing about everything atm, it sucks

but i am still laughing each day and keeping some positives in there, it cant all be negative, its just not me, although i am starting to sound very negative with what i post, but i guess i am entitled to them feelings

anyhow just in a somber mode, so scared of this operation, and all the things that will come after it

anyhow will update before operation, not sure how i will go typing after op, we shall see, i hope i can type, how else can i vent and not go mental, will have to ring people instead lol, watch out!!

3 comments:

~*Amanda*~ Mum to Amelia and Eamon said...

Bel Hope your dad is ok soon.

I'd be putting a complaint in writing about the daycare not contacting your mobile. Do mothers put there kids in daycare to sit at home all day?

Is Mason's rash any better?

Take it easy if theres anything i can do please ask.

Brooke said...

Is it too late to talk to the RE about not moving? Seems like the one thing you might be able to do to get the pressure off a bit ... xoxo

Belinda said...

thanks girls :)
I am ok about the move really, it was just the money issue, nearly have that sorted so should be ok now
packed a heap up today, so thats something